From landscaping to pergola and gazebo decorations, these pinners have everything you need to jump-start your outdoor design creativity.
Pinterest launched in 2010, and in a period of five years, has reached more than 47 million pinners world-wide, including us. It allows us to collect ideas and share outdoor projects quicker than ever before. Here are our top 10 Pinners to Follow for Outdoor Inspiration.
- California Home and Design – This California-based website covers everything from art to architecture to home design. They believe that design is personal, and that’s reflected in their pins, which highlight unique indoor and outdoor living spaces. Our favorite boards include go outside and in and out.
- Anna Eberhart – With over 97,000 followers, Anna Eberhart pins ideas for gardening, crafts, and lots of holiday decorating and baking. Out of her large variety of 286 boards, our favorites are Celebrate*OUTDOOR PARTIES* and Garden*Greenhouses*Potting*Sheds*Gazebo.
- Better Homes and Gardens – With a tag of “Life in Color,” BHG is doing it right on Pinterest. From bright pink lemonade to radiating red roses, their pins prove there is life beyond classic white. Our favorite boards are Gorgeous Garden Plants and Curb Appeal.
- Architectural Digest – Not too long ago, great architecture could only be seen by those with the means and time to travel to see it in-person. Now, Architectural Digest is doing the traveling for us and showing us the best designs in the world, with pins showcasing indoor and outdoor living from New York, Paris, London, L.A., Miami and more. The boards that we like include Home + Spaces You Love and Indoor-Outdoor Living.
- Lush Little Landscapes – Specializing in miniature and fairy gardens, Lush Little Landscapes also pins creative “Life Size” garden ideas that are applicable to gardens large and small, rural and urban. Our favorite life size board is LLL Life-Size Inspiration for Miniature Gardens.
- Decoholic – The mastermind behind Decoholic’s boards is Melina Divani, who says interior design is her infinite passion. She has Pinterest boards that are dedicated to making indoor and outdoor living the comforting, welcoming place it should be. Our favorite boards include Outdoor and home décor ideas (pull up a seat for this board – it’s a shared board with more than 1,600 pinners and has 58,000+ pins).
- Justina Blakeney – Justina Blakeney runs a lifestyle blog, just released a new book and has over 1.2 million followers. Her style uses bright colors – so much red, orange and yellow! — and a mix-and-match approach, making her projects and home design feel fun, funky and freeing. Our favorite boards are Patio Overhaul and the Great Outdoors.
- The fuller view – Boston-based David Fuller is a designer and photographer with a wide range of visual capacity, from fashion to interior design to landscapes. His pins showcase truly stunning pictures of how beautiful life can be. Our favorite boards are g a r d e n s and p o r c h.
- House Beautiful Magazine – Whether you’re decorating your summer home by the lake, renovating your kitchen in the suburbs or redecorating your kids’ rooms, House Beautiful Magazine has a few ideas you could use. Their huge Outdoor Spaces board is one of our favorites.
- Richard Von Arthur LaRue – Chicago-based Art Director and design philanthropist pins as a hobby, and has caught the eye of more than half a million His architecture and design finds are awe-inspiring. Our favorite boards are Inhabited Sculpture and Details Make the Room.
You can follow Fifthroom.com on Pinterest to see what we’re pinning and be inspired to beautify your outdoor living areas. Or, if you’re ready to buy some outdoor furniture, head over to fifthroom.com.