Home show season generally runs from January through March or so every year. It’s a gathering of vendors, contractors, landscapers and designers where they meet and discuss working together in the future on projects ranging from backyard pavilions to the upgrading of a community park.
The best part of home shows is that you get to go to them in the cold of the winter and get the ideas flowing about your next great outdoor design. It’s a community where you can get inspired for big outdoor projects and start putting together timelines, budgets and designs to make your idea come to life. If you’re looking for some ideas of what to expect, here are the top home shows to attend around the U.S.
- January 22 – 24, 2016 – Las Colinas, TX – Everything is bigger in Texas, including the interest in outdoor design. First up in the Texas Home and Garden home show lineup is the Las Colinas Home Show at the Irving Convention Center. This show will include more than 100 exhibitors, plus the opportunity to test some home products. Tickets are $10 and kids under 14 are free. Check out the hours and parking details here.
- February 12 through 14, 2016 – Houston, TX – Looking to build a home from scratch? Upgrade your garden? Build a backyard pavilion? Keep the kids entertained for a few hours? Then the Texas Home & Garden Show – Houston is the place to go. Boasting thousands of products and services available for display or discussion, plus workshops and a KidsZone, you’re bound to walk away learning at least one new thing after this show. Tickets are $10. Find out more about parking and which exhibitors will be attending here.
- February 12 through 14 and 19 through 21, 2016 – Philadelphia, PA – The Philadelphia Home Show packs everything home-related into just a few days, with over 300 exhibitors and appearances from celebrities like John Gidding of HGTV’s Curb Appeal and Alison Victoria from DIY Network’s Crashers. From she-sheds to picnic tables to Ikea kitchen displays, there’s something for every homeowner looking to upgrade their indoor or outdoor areas. Tickets are $13 – discounted if you buy them online – and attendees can expect to spend between three to four hours browsing the goods.
- February 20 through April 17, 2016 – various dates – Chicago, IL – Entering its 30th year, The Home Shows Inc. company produce various home and garden shows – for free – in and around Chicago. Their goal is to bring homeowners and business owners together with local contractors to create opportunities to learn and make connections that can grow into partnerships. You can find the full listing of all the shows here.
- March 18 through 20, 2016 – Tampa, FL – “Florida’s Largest Home Show” features an incredible 900 exhibits of new products and services for the home, plus presentations from home design experts. In addition to indoor and outdoor products, attendees also have the option of purchasing art and other unique creations. Tickets are $8. More information is available on their website.
Are you heading to a home show in the next few months? Let us know what you’re looking for on our Facebook page!