It’s that time of year again. Spring cleaning time! If you’re anything like me, it’s probably not your favorite time of the year, but it is necessary. And since spring cleaning is a necessity, here are a few of my favorite go-to tips for making the job a little easier.
- I am a big fan of “green” cleaning. I prefer natural cleaning products to just about anything you can purchase at the store, and one of my favorite ways to go green, is to make my own glass cleaner. It’s easy! Simply mix 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Take it one step further by using newspaper to wipe down your windows instead of a cloth. Your glass will be virtually streak free.
- Try removing water rings from furniture by mixing equal parts baking soda and plain white toothpaste. Rub the mixture in small circles on water rings, and wipe off with a dry cloth.
- Remove the smell from your disposal by tossing citrus peel down it a couple of times a month. Your disposal will smell fresh and clean.
- If you have a porcelain sink, you know how dirty and scratched they can become. Here’s an easy tip for keeping them sparkling…about once a month fill the sink with warm water and about ½ cup of bleach. Allow the water and bleach to remain in the sink for a few hours then drain. The stains and scratches will virtually disappear!
So when you’re spring cleaning this year, try using some of these tips and hopefully the job will be a little easier!